[Vwoolf] Obituary for Madeline Moore

Neverow, Vara S. neverowv1 at southernct.edu
Sun Sep 24 13:40:55 EDT 2017

Dear Woolfians,

By chance yesterday I came upon the obituary of Woolf scholar Madeline Moore (also known as Madeline Hummel) who was directly involved in the founding of the Virginia Woolf Society and had authored a number of works on Woolf. In addition to her publications, Madeline contributed significantly to Woolf studies when she hosted the three-day Woolf symposium held at Kresge College at UC-Santa Cruz in 1974 (see Virginia Woolf Miscellany 5: 3). The event attracted more than 150 attendees.

Madeline passed away on September 5, 2015, but unfortunately no one in Woolf studies seems to have been notified.

I have attached Madeline's obituary. For those of you who knew Madeline personally, you may want to send me your remembrances for the upcoming Virginia Woolf Miscellany.

All best,

Vara

Vara Neverow
Department of English