[Vwoolf] CFP: Author Biographies and Publisher Descriptions for The Modernist Archives Publishing Project (MAPP)

Claire Battershill cbatters at sfu.ca
Tue Sep 12 13:52:58 EDT 2017

Hello dear Woolfians,

Thank you all again so much for the warm reception for the Modernist Archives Publishing Project (MAPP) at the conference in Reading. For those of you who couldn't make it this year, you may be interested in taking a look at www.modernistarchives.com. You can find lots of Hogarth Press dust jackets, newly-digitized archival correspondence, and other gems.

I'm sending below a CFP seeking biographies of Hogarth Press authors to include (with credit) in MAPP. We are looking forward to further collaboration with everyone on this resource and are also, as we mentioned at the conference, very much open to feedback and correction as we get this big project going!

Full CFP is below! Please always feel free to write to me, too, if you have questions or suggestions.

With all best wishes, and a happy first week of term for those of you starting your semesters now!
Claire

CFP: Author Biographies and Publisher Descriptions for The Modernist Archives Publishing Project (MAPP)

The Modernist Archives Publishing Project (www.modernistarchives.com) (co-directed by Claire Battershill, Helen Southworth, Alice Staveley, Mike Widner, Elizabeth Willson Gordon, and Nicola Wilson) seeks submissions for biographical entries for the authors, artists and press workers of The Hogarth Press and for its publishing house descriptions pages.  MAPP is the first modernist DH project to focus exclusively on twentieth-century publishing houses.  It offers a pioneering digital platform to organize, interact with, and analyze book production, reception, and distribution networks and will represent a replicable digital model for contemporary and future scholars of modernist publishing and book culture. For more about MAPP, please visit our site: http://www.modernistarchives.com/content/about-the-project

We would also be open to student work and to pedagogical uses of MAPP. Please contact our team to discuss possible pedagogical collaborations and student writing: http://www.modernistarchives.com/contact

Submission Guidelines

Before submitting, please use the Google form below to send a brief query with your proposed biographical subject or publisher.

Biographies should be approximately 1,000 words and should be accompanied by a works cited and a bibliography.  Where possible please include links to the Modernist Journals Project, Orlando or other digital resources. Example entry: http://www.modernistarchives.com/person/ruth-manning-sanders

Press descriptions should be approximately 1,000 words and should be accompanied by a works cited and a bibliography.  Please see the MAPP site for examples: http://www.modernistarchives.com/business/the-hogarth-press or Lise Jaillant on Grant Richards at http://www.modernistarchives.com/business/grant-richards.  Any twentieth-century press will be considered for inclusion.  Foreign language and geographically dispersed presses encouraged.

Submissions will be subject to double peer review and will be credited.

Please send short proposals and queries using the following form: https://goo.gl/forms/1K33gDnxW8jHTNym1

--
Dr. Claire Battershill

Government of Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellow
Department of English
Simon Fraser University
8888 University Dr. AQ139
Burnaby, V5A 1S6