[Vwoolf] Query: on how to teach Orlando: what approaches work

Ellen Moody ellen.moody at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 10:41:49 EST 2017

This is the first time I've emailed to this list.  I am a long-time lover
of Woolf's writing and have attended Woolf sessions regularly at the PMLA.
I am also a retired college teacher, now teaching at Oscher Institutes of
Lifelong Learning. The adults there are intelligent, usually well-read
people retired from middle class professions and do the reading.

I would like to teach Orlando, but reading it with an eye to teaching it, I
see that usual approaches to novels or biographies might not work -- or
have to be supplemented. I am wondering if anyone can advise, tell of a
chapter in a book or essay that might help me.

Ellen Moody