[Vwoolf] Sad News

Shannon, Drew Drew.Shannon at msj.edu
Wed Mar 22 17:24:58 EDT 2017

What very sad news indeed.  While I didn't know Georgia well, she was a very warm, constant, smiling presence at Woolf Conferences.  I remember meeting her at one of the first conferences I attended (perhaps at Smith in 2003, or in London in 2004), and she was very encouraging to the very nervous and very green newbie that I was.  I'm sure she was an amazing teacher.  What a loss for her students, and for all of us.  Such a shame when a bright light goes out too soon.

Drew Shannon, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of English
Coordinator of English
Mount St. Joseph University
5701 Delhi Road
Cincinnati, OH 45233 USA
(513) 244-4541
Drew.Shannon at msj.edu<mailto:Drew.Shannon at msj.edu>
Historian/Bibliographer of the International Virginia Woolf Society

"I meant to write about death, only life came breaking in as usual." -- Virginia Woolf, Diary, 17 February 1922