[Vwoolf] Sad News

Annie Rues Neidel ruesal at slu.edu
Wed Mar 22 13:59:43 EDT 2017

Hello all,

Here is a copy of Georgia's obituary:

Dr. Georgia K. Johnston, Ph.D., 58, passed away Monday March 20, 2017 after
a long battle with cancer. She is the daughter of Arthur Johnston
(deceased) and Patricia Johnston, and is survived by her mother; her
sister, Margaret Ohlenschlaeger, her niece Ellie Sigers and her husband
Matthew, her grandnephews,  Noah and Owen, and grandniece Emily, nephews
Zack Overton, Andrew Overton, and Thomas Ohlenschlaeger; her brother,
William (Bill) W. Johnston, his wife Susan, niece Katie Johnston; her
sister, Elizabeth (Liz) Johnston Arbittier, her husband Douglas, nieces and
nephews, Bonnie Arbittier,  Jacob Arbittier,  Rosie Arbittier, and Jonathan
Arbittier.  She is also survived by her long time companion Paige Canfield,
and many dear friends.

Georgia was a respected professor and scholar at St. Louis University where
she taught for over 25 years.  She loved, among other things, poetry,
dancing, and trees.

In honor of her memory, donations may be given to the Nature Conservancy,
4245 North Fairfax Drive, Suite 100, Arlington, VA 22203-1606.

I was one of her graduate students. She was an amazing advisor, as I am
sure you can imagine.

Annie

Annie Rues Neidel, Ph.D.
Program Coordinator
Competitive Fellowships and Scholarships Advisor
University Honors Program
Saint Louis University
119 Verhaegen
(314) 977-5746