[Vwoolf] Fwd: Vanessa Bell, Dulwich Picture Gallery review - 'the best survey we are ever likely to see'

Lorienne E Schwenk singingkitchen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 16:10:13 EDT 2017

I wish I could get to see this! I was just looking at this review.

Could somebody help to jog my memory a bit? I believe in the 1970s or early
1980s there was a major exhibition of the abstract expressionists; it
included Vanessa Bell, et al., and made it to American, probably New York,
possibly Washington DC.

Anybody recall such an exhibition?

Thanks, Lorienne

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 11:59 AM, Peter D L Stansky <stansky at stanford.edu>
wrote:

> Sent from my iPad
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> *From:* <stansky at stanford.edu>
> *Date:* 21 March 2017 at 11:55:55 GMT-7
> *To:* Woolf list
> *Subject:* *Vanessa Bell, Dulwich Picture Gallery review - 'the best
> survey we are ever likely to see'*
>
> The list might be interested in this review. Peter
>
> http://www.theartsdesk.com/visual-arts/vanessa-bell-
> dulwich-picture-gallery
>

> Sent from my iPad

The Singing Kitchen