[Vwoolf] Fw: Calling all book collectors!

kllevenback at att.net kllevenback at att.net
Wed Jun 7 14:32:18 EDT 2017

Wrong link:
https://virginiawoolfmiscellany.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/vwm74fall2008.pdf
Apologies--
Karen Levenback
From: kllevenback at att.net
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2017 2:13 PM
To: Emily Kopley ; Neverow, Vara S.
Cc: vwoolf at lists.osu.edu ; Catherine Hollis
Subject: Re: [Vwoolf] Calling all book collectors!

Did a review of an exhibition of William Beekman’s Bloomsbury Collection some years back—and then wrote this in response to a query:

See pp. 31-34 of the Fall/Winter 2008 Miscellany: http://www.home.southernct.edu/~neverowv1/VWM78Fall2010.pdf

Beekman’s connection to the Grollier Club, an elite group of book collectors, is very strong (I worked for a year or so in the library, working on the archive, at the Metropolitan Club here in DC, which is like the Cosmos Club—the more literary).  Members of both are upper-crust elites—or like to think of themselves that way.

But Beekman’s collection has served as the basis of a couple of exhibitions at the Grollier—but not the Rooms of Their Own, traveling exhibition that began at Cornell.

Enter “William Beekman Grollier Club” in Google for more on the same.

Cheers--
Karen Levenback