[Vwoolf] Announcement: The Note Books of a Woman Alone edition

Ella Ophir e.ophir at usask.ca
Fri Feb 10 15:04:40 EST 2017

As an item of potential interest to list members, I'd like to announce (a
little belatedly) the release of my open access digital edition of *The
Note Books of a Woman Alone*
<http://drc.usask.ca/projects/notebooks/homepage.php>*.* First edited by
Mary Geraldine Ostle and published by Dent in 1935, *The Note Books *represents
the personal record of a woman who died in poverty in London after
supporting herself for thirty years--first as governess, then as a clerk in
an employment registry for domestic workers. Part journal, part commonplace
book, *The Note Books *offers a portrait of an unmarried woman’s struggle
for independence and intellectual growth in the early decades of the
twentieth century. Peer reviewed by ModNets
<http://www.modnets.org/about/what-is-modnets/>, the edition includes an
introduction, contemporary reviews, and Ostle's letters to Virginia Woolf,
whose feminism inspired her work.

http://drc.usask.ca/projects/notebooks/homepage.php

--
*Ella Ophir*
Associate Professor, Department of English