[Vwoolf] News Story

Kristin Czarnecki Kristin_Czarnecki at georgetowncollege.edu
Wed Aug 23 12:22:33 EDT 2017

Hello, all,

This is the second piece I've read about this woman, Nora Harris; the first, from a few days ago, mentioned up-front that she was a Virginia Woolf scholar. This one does not say that; rather, it quotes her husband as saying she was "enamored" of Woolf and that given the choice between being kept alive in her current state or committing suicide, she would have put the rocks in her pockets, etc. In addition to all of this being a very sad state of affairs, obviously, I'm intrigued that Woolf is being invoked in this manner and wondered if anyone had any thoughts.

Best,

Kristin

http://www.legalreader.com/hand-feeding-versus-tube-feeding-advance-directives/