[Vwoolf] Some VW Book Bags

Stuart N. Clarke stuart.n.clarke at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 6 05:38:45 EDT 2016

(NB I don’t like anything on my shoulders.)

For several years, I used a green Barnes & Noble, which was very good, except that it was too narrow to hold a ring-binder easily.  Handles now frayed as a result of much use and washing.

Glasgow Conference (2011): too flimsy; handles too stringy; handles too long, but eventually it dawned on me that if I wrapped them round my wrist, holding them on with my fingers, the bag wouldn’t drag on the ground.

Sonoma Conference (2002): far too large – I’m not going on holiday!

Great Midwest Bag Co., Minneapolis: base too large – how many books am I carrying?

Marks & Spencer (green:  "ONE CANNOT think well, love well, sleep well. IF ONE HAS NOT DINED well[.]  VIRGINIA WOOLF, Author & Publicist, 1882-1941"): not a book bag, but suitable for shopping, of course.

Marks & Spencer (jute bag, with the following MIS-quotation - "ONE CANNOT eat [i.e. think] well, love well, sleep well, IF ONE HAS NOT DINED WELL[.]  VIRGINIA WOOLF"): not a book bag, but the base support can be removed; too big, really.

Green & beige Barnes & Noble: slightly too big and handles slightly too long.

Denver Conference (2008): seems ideal, and the dark-purple handles won’t show the dirt.