[Vwoolf] Mrs. Dallow-day?

Anne Margaret Daniel daniela at newschool.edu
Mon Jun 13 14:14:49 EDT 2016

A lovely idea -- and one I believe currently trending on Twitter, in London
at least, as #Dallowday.  Elaine Showalter's video is getting many views on
this beautiful summer's day.
(and, also, happy birthday today to William Butler Yeats!)
Happy rereading, with larks and plunges, to all.

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 1:34 PM, Kristin Czarnecki <
Kristin_Czarnecki at georgetowncollege.edu> wrote:

> An endorsement for creating a Mrs. Dallowday:
>

> https://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/jun/13/celebrate-dallowday-mrs-dalloway-virginia-woolf
> Bring out the cardies and cocktails – it’s time we celebrated Dallowday
> <https://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/jun/13/celebrate-dallowday-mrs-dalloway-virginia-woolf>
> www.theguardian.com
> Ulysses has given Dublin Bloomsday, so why can’t London raise a glass to
> Virginia Woolf’s Mrs Dalloway?
>

> Kristin Czarnecki
> President, International Virginia Woolf Society
> Associate Professor of English
> Georgetown College, Pawling Hall 110
> Georgetown, KY 40324
> 502-863-8132

*This message is intended solely for the named recipient(s).*
Best,
AMDaniel
www.annemargaretdaniel.com