[Vwoolf] (no subject)

Ilana Simons irs2000 at nyu.edu
Mon Jul 18 23:07:05 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I’m putting on a play in the FringeNYC festival in August that was largely
inspired by Woolf and ends with a group meditation on The Mark on the
Wall.  It’s an immersive one-woman show about growing up in a family of
charismatic men--about gender, public speaking voices, and finding a voice
of my own.

It’s a 50-minute show for a small audience—the audience lies down in a tent
(the room of my own); animated movies project onto the walls; and I narrate
from the floor with the audience. In the end, I dance.  It's a
psychologically-rich autobiographic tale with Woolf's spirit at the heart.

I’d love to see some of you there.

Here’s a link to some videos, with small scenes of the show.
<http://cargocollective.com/ilanasimons/All-Together-Now>

<http://www.fringenyc.org/basic_page.php?ltr=A#AllTog>

you can also buy tickets here.
<http://www.fringenyc.org/basic_page.php?ltr=A#AllTog>