[Vwoolf] MLA 2017 CFP

Kristin Czarnecki Kristin_Czarnecki at georgetowncollege.edu
Thu Jan 21 08:59:35 EST 2016

Good morning,

Please see the call for papers below for the International Virginia Woolf Society's guaranteed panel at MLA 2017 in Philadelphia.

And for those of you getting hit, or about to get hit, with a snow storm, as we are, stay safe and warm!

Kristin

Virginia Woolf Scholars Come to Their Senses

I offer two possible approaches for the International Virginia Woolf Society's 2017 MLA panel: (1) papers addressing sense modalities in Woolf's writing.  How and to what end does Woolf evoke sensory experiences of smell, touch and taste in her writing?  Or, (2) papers offering or debating "corrective" readings of Woolf that suggest some kind of "progress" in Woolf criticism. Have earlier readings, such as poststructuralist or lesbian, been supplanted by contemporary approaches, or do we need a model other than "progression" to address Woolf's critical heritage? Abstracts (250-500 words) by March 21st to Pamela Caughie at pcaughi at luc.edu<mailto:pcaughi at luc.edu> (please note the "e" is dropped in Caughie). I'll be curious to see which approach elicits the more interesting group of papers. Participants must be MLA members by April 7, 2016.