[Vwoolf] Woolf bio.

omolly at satx.rr.com omolly at satx.rr.com
Thu Sep 10 08:13:32 EDT 2015

I'm up to here with Woolf's biography. Years ago a physician asked, in the VW Quarterly, what about porphyria. Indeed, I believe she inherited acute intermittent porphyria and all the associated symptoms. Best therapy is a high carbohydrate diet. Surest way to bring on an attack is to get pregnant. Psychiatric manifestations are familiar-- hallucinations. Coma has a way of ending things. Seems to be coordinated with menstrual periods. Barbiturates and wine are contraindicated. Onset after puberty. Depression is frequent. Comments? Molly Hoff