[Vwoolf] Septimus and promotion

Leslie Hankins lhankins at cornellcollege.edu
Sun Nov 1 13:21:03 EST 2015

Hi all, I have a question and I do not want to risk making a 'howler' as VW
put it.  When Rezia says that Septimus was promoted, does that mean
promoted to officer status?

Does anyone know what promotion means in Brit army context?

I bet it is in Karen's book, which is of course in my office and I'm home.

Thanks, leslie

lhankins at cornellcollege.edu

--
Leslie Kathleen Hankins
Professor

*"Moreover, however interesting facts may be, they are an inferior form of
fiction, & gradually we become impatient of their weakness & diffuseness,
of their compromises & evasions, of the slovenly sentences which they make
for themselves, and are eager to revive ourselves with the greater
intensity & truth of fiction." *
                                                         Virginia Woolf,
"How Should One Read a Book?"