[Vwoolf] Jane Marcus

Jean Mills millsj7 at gmail.com
Fri May 29 00:26:34 EDT 2015

Devastating. Jane Marcus was a force to be reckoned with. And as someone once said of Jane Ellen Harrison, another of our intellectual "unmet" mentors and friends...she was a giant upon whose shoulders we all stand. Jane Marcus asked the important questions. Go back. Re-read her. All of it. There are gems to be mined there that will guide you, test you, frustrate you, but demand that you rethink possible. Her work will remain generative, bold, and meaningful to our own questions and research as we stay up late reading and writing forgetful of the tea kettle on the stove ...but somehow certain that we're on to something, something that matters.

Jean Mills

Sent from my iPhone