[Vwoolf] "Jacob's Room" : crux #4

Adolphe Haberer Adolphe.Haberer at univ-lyon2.fr
Tue May 26 03:54:23 EDT 2015

Dear Stuart,
I have followed the discussion on the "grilled bone" crux with great interest and I have to admit that my interpretation was wrong. If I were to be given the opportunity to rewrite my note, which  is very doubtful, I would now give "os à moelle rôti" as the French for "grilled bone".
I must confess that I never thought that the bone was a marrow bone for the good reason  that the only way to cook marrow bones that I knew of, and is still practised today in my family, is boiled with the meat and vegetables of "pot-au-feu". I now have discovered by googling "os à moelle" that "os à moelle rôti" is back in fashion, explained in cook books and offered by some restaurants.
Many thanks to all the contributors for their expertise.
With best wishes
Ado
====================
Adolphe Haberer
Professeur émérite à l'Université Lumière-Lyon 2
1 route de Saint-Antoine
69380 Chazay d'Azergues
33 (0)4 78 43 65 24
33 (0)6 63 57 95 91