[Vwoolf] Fw: Virginia Woolf paintings

Kristin Czarnecki Kristin_Czarnecki at georgetowncollege.edu
Fri May 8 08:11:57 EDT 2015

Good morning,

I received an email and the attached images recently from David Brown, an art student in the UK. He said he'd love to receive comments on the artwork from Woolfians, and so I'm sending the images along for all of you to see.

David writes, "For my final exam portfolio portrait I have produced a pair of paintings of Virginia Woolf, the younger woman in watercolor, titled Wave of Words, and the older Virginia in acrylic titled The Waves. It is not too clear with this photo but in the first picture Virginia's hair is streaked with words from her books, and in the second picture quotes from The Waves.  I have tried to make contemporary pictures of Virginia, and I have incorporated words into a number of my portraits over the last couple of years."

If you would like to write to David, his email address is davidbrownhart at hotmail.co.uk.

Kristin Czarnecki
President, International Virginia Woolf Society
Associate Professor of English
Georgetown College, Pawling Hall 110
Georgetown, KY 40324?
502-863-8132