[Vwoolf] Fwd: [MKTG] News from Charleston - Life in Squares reaction, Summer Activities, Cressida Bell

Dianne Hunter dianne.hunter1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 07:04:33 EDT 2015

How can this be seen in the US?
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Charleston <info at charleston.org.uk>
Date: Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 5:02 AM
Subject: [MKTG] News from Charleston - Life in Squares reaction, Summer
Activities, Cressida Bell
To: Diane <dianne.hunter at trincoll.edu>

           Summer Activities at Charleston for all    View this email in
your browser
<http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=6693a0c45ceff92c07e52c75e&id=323082af50&e=03a771b0d6>
                            So
- did you watch the first episode? Well over 2 million people did, and
we're delighted at the response to the *BBC2 drama Life in Squares
<http://charleston.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6693a0c45ceff92c07e52c75e&id=fc024fe86b&e=03a771b0d6>*
so
far.  Some of the reaction is highlighted below, and we look forward to
episodes two and three where Charleston will feature more prominently
(August 3 and 10, 9pm).              Notwithstanding the interest
surrounding *Life in Squares*, we continue to have a busy summer.  After
sell out performances of Opera in the Orchard and *Twelfth Night *earlier
this month, we encourage *the younger generation to Charleston* with plenty
of activities for families including special *family tours*, garden trails
and our *Young Bohemians* creating their own production of *Midsummer
Night's Dream*!

Our *crowd funding campaign* is boosted with the reveal of *Cressida Bell's
exclusive designs* for the silk scarf reward - beautiful and a brilliant
reward for donating to the appeal.

Finally, with all the interest in Charleston we have *extended our summer
opening hours*
<http://charleston.us2.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=6693a0c45ceff92c07e52c75e&id=01a2095b1a&e=03a771b0d6>.
However we strongly recommend that if you want to visit or indeed revisit
us this summer, *please book in advance
<http://charleston.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6693a0c45ceff92c07e52c75e&id=2f4e88c269&e=03a771b0d6>*to
avoid disappointment* -* everything Bloomsbury seems to be very
popular!!                "Life
in Squares - Reviews and Reaction
"*The original rebels without a cause are back*" The Telegraph
<http://charleston.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6693a0c45ceff92c07e52c75e&id=cd27e2b824&e=03a771b0d6>

Who's Who and played by Who - Radio Times
<http://charleston.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6693a0c45ceff92c07e52c75e&id=1adb1386ad&e=03a771b0d6>

"*Their great legacy is not liberated sex but the paramount value they
placed on friendship*" The Sunday Times
<http://charleston.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6693a0c45ceff92c07e52c75e&id=0d5ef9650e&e=03a771b0d6>
- by Priya Parmar (subscription required)

"*I grew up with the Bloomsberries. For me, it isn’t a story, it’s real*" The
Times
<http://charleston.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=6693a0c45ceff92c07e52c75e&id=5cfdf2256c&e=03a771b0d6>-
by Virginia Nicholson (subscription required)

*"Many of our modern ideas about art, economics, history, sexuality and
feminism come from them"*.The Guardian
<http://charleston.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6693a0c45ceff92c07e52c75e&id=9553242929&e=03a771b0d6>
- preview

*"the performances are uniformly wonderful"* The Guardian
<http://charleston.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6693a0c45ceff92c07e52c75e&id=cb6980abfe&e=03a771b0d6>
– review

*"the imaginative power of this series. It successfully gets inside the
complicated emotions behind the unorthodox relationships within Bloomsbury,
which is an impressive feat." *The Conversation
<http://charleston.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6693a0c45ceff92c07e52c75e&id=d30f0877e3&e=03a771b0d6>
–
by Frances Spalding

You can *watch Episode 1 on the BBCiPlayer*
<http://charleston.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6693a0c45ceff92c07e52c75e&id=379ef777dd&e=03a771b0d6>
               Childrens'
Activities at Charleston this summer            There are plenty of ways to
fulfill the artistic and inquisitive minds of your younger ones this summer
at Charleston with activities for all ages and families.

*Young Bohemians
<http://charleston.us2.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=6693a0c45ceff92c07e52c75e&id=f08db3b498&e=03a771b0d6>*
- All
week, the Young Bohemians will create their own production of Midsummer
Night's Dream. Set, props and costume will be made from scratch, parts
learnt, friends made, all culminating in a magical end-of –week
performances for families and friends. 17-21 August.  Book Now
<http://charleston.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=6693a0c45ceff92c07e52c75e&id=4fb8edf7ee&e=03a771b0d6>

   - Secret Garden Trails
   <http://charleston.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6693a0c45ceff92c07e52c75e&id=08c30f8239&e=03a771b0d6>
-
   FREE and available from the shop and focus on searching for statues in the
   Charleston gardens, drawing and colouring in
   - *Family Tours
   <http://charleston.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=6693a0c45ceff92c07e52c75e&id=9662c59bd7&e=03a771b0d6>
   -* We do special 30 minute tours at 11.30am on Saturdays 1, 8, 15, 22
   & 29 August. The best day for families with very young children to visit is
   Sunday. On Sundays there are stewards in each of the rooms so that you can
   see the house at your own pace. There is also a children’s trail that you
   can do together as you go around the house
   - *Outsider Events at Small Wonder Festival*, Sept 23-27 - *Storytelling
   in the Garden*
   <http://charleston.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6693a0c45ceff92c07e52c75e&id=b587854e05&e=03a771b0d6>
   ; *Create a Picture Book workshop*
   <http://charleston.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=6693a0c45ceff92c07e52c75e&id=75c1112396&e=03a771b0d6>
   ; *Illustrated Fantastical Fiction workshop*
   <http://charleston.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=6693a0c45ceff92c07e52c75e&id=381dabce5f&e=03a771b0d6>

              Art Happens : Cressida Bell's exclusive design for our Silk
Scarf revealed! We're delighted that Cressida has designed an exclusive
Charleston pattern, used for the first time to support our Art Happens
campaign in the form of a 32 inch x 32 inch beautiful silk scarf
<http://charleston.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6693a0c45ceff92c07e52c75e&id=963c543406&e=03a771b0d6>
.

By *donating £100*
<http://charleston.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6693a0c45ceff92c07e52c75e&id=a7e59aa364&e=03a771b0d6>
to our campaign to restore some of the painted surfaces in the House - you
will not only receive this beautiful scarf but also a pair of tickets to
the VIP unveiling of the restoration work in March 2016 at Charleston.

We're now up to *65% towards our target of £25,000* which is amazing - your
support as always is invaluable, but we need to get 100% in order to access
any of the funds promised so far.

*Coming soon* : the design for the Tote Bag reward....  watch this space!
<http://charleston.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=6693a0c45ceff92c07e52c75e&id=155c0334ad&e=03a771b0d6>

<http://charleston.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=6693a0c45ceff92c07e52c75e&id=c0b3ea4412&e=03a771b0d6>
      ‘Art
Happens’
<http://charleston.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6693a0c45ceff92c07e52c75e&id=92e06a7ce0&e=03a771b0d6>
is a crowd funding campaign with several levels of donation ranging from £5
to £995.  In return, supporters will receive rewards which range from
postcard sets with Charleston’s iconic design motifs to mounted fragments
of *wallpaper from the Library* (£200) to an exclusive *patterned scarf
(£100) and tote bag (£25) designed by Cressida Bell*. There will also be
the opportunity to have* lunch with Henrietta Garnett*, grand-daughter of
Vanessa Bell and Duncan Grant, prior to *attending the unveiling of the
restoration work *at the start of next season in March 2016.  *Donate Now*
<http://charleston.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6693a0c45ceff92c07e52c75e&id=1afe5cef14&e=03a771b0d6>
       Watch
Jon Snow exploring the need for this restoration project
<http://charleston.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6693a0c45ceff92c07e52c75e&id=76bbe20ac0&e=03a771b0d6>
              Small
Wonder 2015 - the Short Story Festival at Charleston - Tickets now on-sale!
<http://charleston.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6693a0c45ceff92c07e52c75e&id=408e7642ad&e=03a771b0d6>
<http://charleston.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6693a0c45ceff92c07e52c75e&id=ef3b0efe80&e=03a771b0d6>
                                    [image:
Like Charleston on Facebook]
<http://charleston.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6693a0c45ceff92c07e52c75e&id=d6f90d2adb&e=03a771b0d6>
  Like
Charleston on Facebook
<http://charleston.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6693a0c45ceff92c07e52c75e&id=709ab09de0&e=03a771b0d6>
   [image:
Follow Charleston on Twitter]
<http://charleston.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6693a0c45ceff92c07e52c75e&id=024af2d99a&e=03a771b0d6>
  Follow
Charleston on Twitter
<http://charleston.us2.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=6693a0c45ceff92c07e52c75e&id=71e32426fc&e=03a771b0d6>
   [image:
Visit Charleston.org.uk]
<http://charleston.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6693a0c45ceff92c07e52c75e&id=8322ef9936&e=03a771b0d6>
  Visit
Charleston.org.uk
<http://charleston.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=6693a0c45ceff92c07e52c75e&id=77c9f47d53&e=03a771b0d6>
*Copyright © 2015, The Charleston Trust, All rights reserved.*
The Charleston Trust (Bloomsbury in Sussex) is a non-profit making company
limited by guarantee. Registered charity number 1107313, Registered in
England & Wales company number 5212725. Registered office: Charleston,
Firle, Lewes, East Sussex, BN8 6LL

You have received this email to keep you up to date with news from
Charleston. To change your preferences or unsubscribe click on the links
below.

unsubscribe from this list
<http://charleston.us2.list-manage1.com/unsubscribe?u=6693a0c45ceff92c07e52c75e&id=c13eeb23f1&e=03a771b0d6&c=323082af50>
update subscription preferences