[Vwoolf] "Reading her letters and diaries recently in the London Library, I discovered ..."

Stuart N. Clarke stuart.n.clarke at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 19 04:48:32 EST 2015

Didn’t someone say that the rich were different from the rest of us?  Or is it just that other people’s lives are ultimately mysterious?

I can’t comprehend how someone who has Virginia Woolf for a great-aunt would choose to pay an annual sub of £485/US$750 p.a., rather than buy her letters and diaries.
http://www.londonlibrary.co.uk/index.php?/join.html

Stuart

____________________________

An article by Emma Woolf (warning: Gerald Brenan is identified as Woolf's half-brother)
http://www.newsweek.com/2015/02/20/joyful-gossipy-and-absurd-private-life-virginia-woolf-306438.html

Vara

Vara Neverow
Professor, English and Women's Studies