[Vwoolf] Clive Bell-Lytton Strachey

Catherine Hollis hollisc at berkeley.edu
Fri Dec 11 13:15:05 EST 2015

Similarly, if anyone has information on Lot 179, the George Mallory letters
to Lytton Strachey, also offered on June 24 2015 ("Sold for £18,750 (US$
28,420) inc. premium"), I too would be grateful for the tip. I wonder if
both lots found their way to a dealer, rather than a library?

Catherine

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 5:23 AM, Mark Hussey <mhussey at verizon.net> wrote:

> On June 24 2015 Lot 183—“ Series of over one hundred autograph letters
> and cards by Clive Bell to Lytton Strachey”—was sold at Bonhams in London
> for £35,000 (US$ 52,937).  If anyone has any clue as to who might have
> been the purchaser I’d be grateful for the tip!  Bonhams will not divulge
> such information.
>

> Mark Hussey

Catherine W. Hollis, PhD
Assistant Editor, The Emma Goldman Papers
Instructor, Fall Program for Freshmen
U.C. Berkeley
Berkeley, CA 94720
hollisc at berkeley.edu