[Vwoolf] Woolf in London course

Jeanette E McVicker mcvicker at fredonia.edu
Mon Apr 20 10:23:35 EDT 2015

Sorry to join this thread late: I too have taught a Woolf course in London
(2 wks only) as well as a Bloomsbury course and another that included
Woolf. Like several others suggest, a walk correlating to *Mrs Dalloway* is
a must; we also visit several places mentioned in the *London Scene*
essays, bolstered by exhibits and archives at Museums of London (the
special collections person there is superb and generous) and Docklands;
Lincoln's Inn was a good way to give students connections with *The Years*.
Charleston and Monks House were incredible experiences for the students as
well as for me. British Library and British Museum, and a day trip to
Oxford, helped our students make some important connections with AROO. (In
the Bloomsbury course, we also included a day trip to Cambridge.) Have fun,
Jane!

--
Jeanette McVicker, Ph.D.
Professor and Advanced Program Coordinator, English

office: Fenton 241
email: mcvicker at fredonia.edu
vmail: 716.673.3861
fax:    716.673.4661