[Vwoolf] A Woolf Sighting

Ellen Lee angelicabeads at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 25 15:25:21 EDT 2014

I usually simply lurk in this group, although I so enjoy reading it. I've been thinking about posting "Woolf Sightings" but haven't yet done so. However, here's one from Vanity Fair magazine by its editor, Graydon Carter, published in the October 2013 issue, page 118:

"Epochal turning points are generally recognized as such only in retrospect. The ferment of the early 20th century was an exception. People recognized its revolutionary character immediately. Virginia Woolf put her finger on that idea in one of her best-known lines: 'On or about December 1910, human character changed."

So there we go; Woolf is still in the consciousness of even editors of popular magazines!

Thanks,
Ellen