[Vwoolf] London tours

Anne Margaret Daniel daniela at newschool.edu
Wed Sep 17 10:12:38 EDT 2014

Friends, I attach three photographs from Monk's House that I took on our
honeymoon:  Virginia's tea-trays on the kitchen sideboard; Vanessa's tiles
above the fireplace in Virginia's bedroom; and Virginia's writing room --
with electric fire, and kerosene lamp, inspiring us into autumn.

The Ram Inn, in Firle (just around the tiny village lane from Little
Talland House) is a beautiful place to stay:
http://raminn.co.uk

Walk up Firle Beacon and to the right, toward Newhaven, and you will
descend over the Southease bridge (where there is a big foxes' den) and
into Rodmell.  If you go to the left at Firle Beacon, you need not go far
until you make another left down the hill to Charleston.  If you continue,
you'll walk the broad backs of the Downs across the High and Over and into
Alfriston, a gorgeous village with an exceptional bookshop, Much Ado:
http://www.muchadobooks.com

Have a lovely trip, Denise.

 [image: Inline image 1]

[image: Inline image 1]