[Vwoolf] Graduate students and Woolf conference

Andrea andrea.adolph at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 07:13:53 EDT 2014

Julie,

I attended my first Woolf conference--the third, in 1993--during the summer
after I completed my Master's degree, and it was an invaluable experience.
Was my paper the strongest?  Not at all!  But the welcome that I received
from faculty and others at the event was part of what allowed me to
continue on in my studies and to feel included in the academy.  I believe
that it has always been the spirit of this conference to include
all--students, common readers, faculty--as Woolf advocated for in her
writing.  It makes for a rich mix, and it's something that I have long
enjoyed about this conference.

Best,
Andrea Adolph