[Vwoolf] Bloomsbury cookbook

Jeremy Hawthorn jeremy.hawthorn at ntnu.no
Sat May 3 05:51:02 EDT 2014

Not sure if this has been posted. It would be nice to get the recipe for the Boeuf en daube I suppose . . .

Jessie Conrad (Joseph's wife) published a cookbook for which he wrote an Introduction. Very British cooking. Only for Conrad enthusiasts.

Not sure if I will buy the Bloomsbury cookbook, although it might find a place on the shelf next to a cookbook claiming to give recipes for food served on the "Titanic." What's interesting about that cookbook is that there are apparently some dishes on preserved Titanic menus that no-one really knows anything about.

Jeremy H

http://www.theguardian.com/books/booksblog/2014/may/02/eating-words-literary-cookbooks-bloomsbury-group