[Vwoolf] Everyone knew or was related to everyone else

Sarah M. Hall smhall123 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 6 07:10:05 EST 2014

In the Bedside Companion, I drew up a few 'Six Degrees of Separation' diagrams, including linking Duncan Grant to Adolf Hitler and Lytton Strachey to H. H. Asquith -- great fun! It seemed that Lytton, especially, was related to, slept with, or was friends with, just about everyone in the UK and France at that time. Which means, of course, that VW was linked with them too.

Lytton Strachey was related to Dame Ninette de Valois.