[Vwoolf] London's Most Salacious Thinkers...

Jeremy Hawthorn jeremy.hawthorn at ntnu.no
Wed Jul 23 16:10:09 EDT 2014

 From messy love triangles to the abandonment of traditional narrative
form in half a dozen paragraphs. No doubt the Dreadnought hoax led
straight to stream-of-consciousness technique too.

Some years ago the British /New Statesman/ had a competition in which
readers had to write an editorial in the style of the /Sun/ tabloid
newspaper attacking post-structuralism. One submission I remember
included something like this: "Three things have made Britain great. The
Army, the Empire, and narrative closure." I thought at the time that
Woolf might have liked that.

Heigh ho.

Jeremy H