[Vwoolf] BBC program (programme!) on MD

Jean Mills millsj7 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 11:22:55 EDT 2014

Loved this! with thanks for posting... so many gems from three
extraordinary scholars, but one of my favorites, when Hermione Lee responds
to Melvyn Bragg, "but of course, she comes to climax on practically every
page" followed by Jane Goldman's reminder about the terrier scene. Also,
glad JG brought up Bergson and Jane Harrison, VW's attendance of the
Bergson lecture, and the choices one might make between being "a
war-mongering politician's wife and having ices with sapphic lesbians (Hope
Mirrlees, et al) in Paris. Delicious!

Jean

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 8:14 AM, Mark Hussey <mhussey at verizon.net> wrote:

> http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b048033q
>

> Hermione Lee, Jane Goldman, and Kathryn Simpson discuss what Melvyn Bragg
> curiously says “many people consider her masterpiece,” *Mrs Dalloway*.

Jean Mills
Associate Professor
The Department of English
John Jay College/CUNY