[Vwoolf] Sound in Mrs. Dalloway

Annette Oxindine aoxindine at woh.rr.com
Mon Jan 27 11:41:32 EST 2014

Sorry for a second posting, but I just recalled another source that might be useful re: your student's focus on sound and the nature of the self. See "The Modern Auditory I," by Steven Connor, in Rewriting the Self: Histories from the Renaissance to the Present, ed. by Roy Porter (Routledge 1997). Many writers are discussed, including Joyce and Beckett, but there's also a short paragraph on Mrs Dalloway.