[Vwoolf] Fw: ORLANDO is getting a group hug from women

kllevenback at att.net kllevenback at att.net
Fri Feb 28 17:43:32 EST 2014

In case you're in the neighborhood....
Cheers--
Karen Levenback

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: WSC Avant Bard <info at wscavantbard.org>
To: kllevenback at att.net
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2014 4:30 PM
Subject: ORLANDO is getting a group hug from women

(Left to right): Amanda Forstrom (Sasha), Sara Barker (Orlando). C. Stanley Photography.   "This is SUCH a great play adaptation! I am going to tell all my colleagues and students and friends to go see this production. It is absolutely superb. And SARA [Barker]??? Her performance is so extraordinary...it is beyond words."

- Dr. Amy Scott-Douglass, assistant professor of English at Marymount University, in a Facebook post immediately after she saw the show

"This gets what it means to be a female in a completely different way."

- Director Amber Jackson, in an interview with DCTheatreScene
"Woolf was a genius ahead of her time; it is our good fortune that her writing has found such gifted and dedicated artists to give new life to her complex, profound visions... Every aspect of WSC Avant Bard's Orlando--from the cast to the direction to the design--has been assembled with love and attention."
- Sophia Howes, in her review in DCMetroTheatre Arts (*****FIVE STARS)
Dramatic Discounts for Groups!
When you organize a Group Sale with WSC Avant Bard, groups of 5 to 9 pay just $15 per ticket (1/2 off our regular price), while groups of 10 or more pay just $10 per ticket (2/3 off our average price).

Here's the best part: when you organize a Group Sale with WSC Avant Bard, we will work with your group to create a one-of-a-kind pre-show workshop, afterchat, or other Group Sales Event just for you, at no extra cost. WSC Avant Bard has a Creative Team of theatre professionals from a wide variety of disciplines ready to create a custom event sure to engage the unique interests of your group.

Are you an educator? WSC Avant Bard will come to your class. Organize a Group Sale with WSC Avant Bard, and we will send a Creative Team member for a classroom visit for your Group Sales Event, on your schedule.
To Organize a Group Sale and a Group Sales Event
Call the box office on weekdays from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at (703) 418-4808, or email us anytime at wsc.tix at gmail.com with the subject line "group sales."

Make Your Date with Orlando Now!
Thursday-Saturday evenings through March 22 | 7:30 pm

Saturday matinees through March 22 | 2 pm
(Saturday matinees are PAY WHAT YOU CAN.)

Sunday matinees through March 23 | 2 pm
(Sunday matinees are followed by Unscripted Afterchats featuring members of the creative team.)

  Get Tickets Now!
Forward this email

This email was sent to kllevenback at att.net by info at wscavantbard.org |
WSC Avant Bard| Theatre on the Run| 3700 South Four Mile Run Drive| Arlington| VA| 22206