[Vwoolf] four-piece suit

Roy roy at mantex.co.uk
Mon Feb 24 12:07:56 EST 2014

Well – T.S.Eliot was a little bit queer

He wore make-up anyway

Roy Johnson

www.mantex.co.uk

From: vwoolf-bounces+roy=texman.demon.co.uk at lists.service.ohio-state.edu [mailto:vwoolf-bounces+roy=texman.demon.co.uk at lists.service.ohio-state.edu] On Behalf Of Jean
Sent: 24 February 2014 17:02
To: Elisa Sparks
Cc: VWOOLF at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
Subject: Re: [Vwoolf] four-piece suit

Bowtie? Spats? A four-piece suit? Queer? Or, just, perhaps, my own personal queer theory??!

Jean

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 24, 2014, at 10:18 AM, Elisa Sparks <SPARKS at clemson.edu> wrote:

I agree with Jeremy’s last speculation— I’ve always taken the four-piece suit remark to be one of Woolf’s amusing exaggerations: Eliot is so punctilious that if there was another piece possible to his proper suitedness, he would wear it.

Elisa