[Vwoolf] Winning panels for Vancouver MLA is

International Virginia Woolf Society ivwsociety at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 22:30:39 EST 2014

Dear Woolfians,

For MLA panels, I'm assuming due dates of March 7-15, but check when
the formal cfp is posted.

The winning proposal for Vancouver MLA is
NEGOTIATING MEMORY How do Woolf and/or her characters negotiate
memory?  What role does Woolf give memory as it connects to
civilization? textuality? psychology? politics? photography?
Georgia Johnston, St. Louis University: johnstgk at slu.edu

The runner up panel for Vancouver (which we will submit to MLA, but
which is not guaranteed, tho we have had good luck in the past)
 is THINGS IN WOOLF.  ________ Things in Woolf
 Where has the conversation about "thing theory" gone since Bill
Brown's seminal essay on Woolf (2003)? How do objects assert
themselves? How might object-oriented ontology help us to understand
the proliferation of things in Woolf?   Jane Garrity, University of
Colorado at Boulder:  Jane.Garrity at Colorado.Edu

Great panels everyone; all were exciting and had great support.
We will work with the organizers to send out the cfps to MLA, and hope
you all will send dazzling proposals for the panels!!

Best, leslie

p.s.  Remember, we are also working with an allied organization (the
Language and Society division) for an additional session, and that cfp
is already posted:  Investigations of how politics and the essay genre
mutually inform one another. Considerations of Bloomsbury writers,
comparisons of contemporary political writing with Bloomsbury's texts.
 Andrea Adolph is organizing this joint session.

So, panel proposers, please be in touch asap about dates and so on for
submissions so we can get the cfp's in to MLA on time.