[Vwoolf] THE FABULOUS IVWS DINNER AT MLA VANCOUVER 2015-sign up now

International Virginia Woolf Society ivwsociety at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 21:19:35 EDT 2014

	THE FABULOUS IVWS DINNER AT MLA VANCOUVER 2015
           SATURDAY, JANUARY 10, 2015 in Vancouver  7:30 p.m.

The January 2015 MLA promises to be a feast of panels, and also a
feast of feasts!
	At MLA the Saturday night slot is open for our annual rollicking IVWS dinner!
The first 40 people who send an email to this address:
ivwsociety at gmail.com will win seats at the table.!!!!!!
 	Helen Wussow (who organized the delightful VW conference in
Vancouver yesteryear) recommended the Water St Cafe which is about a
20 minute walk, easy cab ride, from the convention site
	See the Water Street Café website: http://waterstreetcafe.ca/

If you wish to see how delightful the MLA IVWS dinner was in Chicago,
a 30 minute video of that august event will soon be appearing on the
IVWS website, and on Paula Maggio’s Blogging Woolf blog.

I was able to reserve their large private room, which seats up to 40,
for 7:30 p.m.  The private room is a great advantage for us, and the
prices seem quite reasonable, given Vancouver.  We will follow what we
initiated in Chicago:  a set price of $40 for members &  $25 for
graduate students, and we encourage professors to sponsor their
graduate students, if they wish to purchase tickets for them).  The
first lucky 40 who sign up win places at the table.  You lucky winners
will be expected to bring $40 or $25 in cash in an envelope with your
name on it, to make the evening as efficient as possible.  No charge
cards please!
	We have chosen Set Menu #3, which is described below.  With tax, it
should come to $40 for regular members and $25 for graduate students
(The IVWS will pay the remainder for graduate students).  IVWS covers
a festive amount of wine, and covers tips.

Set Menu #3
CRUNCHY BABY GREENS SALAD
shaved root vegetables, fresh mint, granny smith apple, raspberry vinaigrette
OR
SUNSHINE COAST SEAFOOD AND CORN CHOWDER

CHOICE OF:
GRILLED WILD B.C. SALMON
confit heirloom tomatoes, fresh herbs, extra olive oil, crispy capers,
warm faro and white bean

PAN SEARED PARMESAN CRUSTED BREAST OF CHICKEN
natural jus, mixed mushrooms, white wine, cream, roast baby potatoes

VEAL SCALOPPINI
pan seared with a lemon, sage and butter sauce, pan roasted baby potatoes

SPINACH AND RICOTTA CHEESE RAVIOLI
fresh roma tomato, basil, extra virgin olive oil, parmesan gratinée
TIRAMISU
an Italian classic, made in house everyday
COST PER PERSON for the IVWS is $40 for regular members and $25 for
graduate students