[Vwoolf] Review of the National Portrait Gallery exhibit in Apollo magazine

Andrea andrea.adolph at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 20:18:22 EDT 2014

Diana, I was lucky enough to have my trip to London coincide with the
exhibit.  I wish it had not been so crowded, as it was hard to pace myself,
but I was so glad to get the chance!  The book that Spalding has compiled
for the exhibit would be worth the while, I think, and is likely available
online through the NPG.  It's very well curated, with some rare pieces,
including candid shots from Ottoline Morrell's photo album.  I think the
impromptu snaps of Virginia are often so much more interesting than those
she posed for.

--Andrea Adolph