[Vwoolf] WWI commemorative installation

Maggie Humm M.Humm at uel.ac.uk
Mon Aug 4 11:24:01 EDT 2014

For those who are pacifists - you may be interested in the alternative demonstrations taking place today in the UK:

http://www.cnduk.org/cnd-media/item/1958-no-glory-no-more-war-4-august-parliament-square

is CND's (who also held a demonstration today near me in Woolwich pointing out that John Burns didn't vote for WW1 (one of the Woolwich Free Ferries is named in honour of John Burns who resigned from Asquith's Cabinet in opposition to WW1).

[cid:837e0ccc-5d92-421b-be14-ae81e4f72c1f]

And the Peace Pledge Union (who sell the white poppies that we wear every November to counter the British Legion's jingoism) is also holding alternative commemorations and compiling information about COs:

http://www.ppu.org.uk/nomorewar/

Maggie