[Vwoolf] Dalloway at the Edinburg Fringe

ANNE Fernald [Staff/Faculty [A&S]] fernald at fordham.edu
Mon Apr 21 22:33:29 EDT 2014

Woolfians,

In my rovings of the internet, I've found that I'm not the only one who's
taken to dropping the "Mrs." off Dalloway: a new play at the Edinburgh
Fringe this summer:

Dyad Productions

1923: The War is over. While Clarissa Dalloway prepares a party in
Westminster, Septimus Smith is diagnosed with shell shock, and their
memories and dreams magically intertwine with those of 15 other disparate
souls this hot blue day in June. Conjuring the hopes and regrets of middle
and upper class London, this adaptation of Virginia Woolf's celebrated map
of hearts, minds and memories offers a compellingly feminine response to
the aftermath of the First World War. Written and directed by Elton Townend
Jones (The Unremarkable Death of Marilyn Monroe). Performed by Rebecca
Vaughan (Female Gothic, I, Elizabeth, Austen's Women).

http://edinburghfestival.list.co.uk/event/402616-dalloway/

All best,

Anne

--
Anne E. Fernald<http://www.fordham.edu/academics/programs_at_fordham_/english/faculty/english_faculty/anne_fernald_28537.asp>
Director of Writing/Composition at Lincoln Center,

212/636-7613
fernald at fordham.edu