[Vwoolf] Leonardo teria aprovado . . .

Manuela Palacios Gonzalez manuela.palacios at usc.es
Tue Sep 17 07:42:24 EDT 2013

Thank you, Stuart. I still maintain what I wrote
back in 1997. When I co-translated To the
Lighthouse into Galician (a language with strong
connections with both Portuguese and Spanish), I
had to be careful not to lose the sound of
Woolf's social and lyrical register with my use
of expressions that are popular and widespread,
but belong to a different register. The literary
and social history of Galician and Portuguese are very different, though.

With greetings for all fellow Woolfians,

manuela