[Vwoolf] Good news?

Diana Swanson dswanson at niu.edu
Tue Sep 3 18:42:08 EDT 2013

Thank you, Stuart, for this link about Malala Yousafzai. I heard
snippets of her speech to the UN and I thought--this is Three Guineas
today and in action.

I am going to share your link and her speech in the course I get to
teach next semester--Woolf and Feminism--hurray!

Diana

Diana L. Swanson, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Women's Studies & English
Faculty Associate of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Studies
Faculty Associate of Institute for the Study of the Environment,
Sustainability, and Energy
Northern Illinois University
DeKalb, IL 60115
815-753-6611
dswanson at niu.edu

>>> "Stuart N. Clarke" <stuart.n.clarke at btinternet.com> 9/3/2013 3:29
AM >>>
Birmingham Central Library*s new building opens today.  It is the
largest lending library in Europe.
http://libraryofbirmingham.com

Thought I*d check out the B*ham cat.:

Woolf + diary = *A Writer*s Diary*

Woolf + essays = *The Captain*s Death Bed* + *The Moment*

Woolf + letters = zilch

Still, at least they*ve got *Mrs Dalloway* in Arabic:
https://library-opac.birmingham.gov.uk/cgi-bin/spydus.exe/FULL/OPAC/BIBENQ/3291474/3850244,8
Which should please Malala Yousafzai:
http://www.libraryofbirmingham.com/blog/News/malalayousafzai
At least, I can hold my head up.  We managed to get *that* into the
Kirkpatrick Bibliography, 4th edn (D03).