[Vwoolf] Virginia Woolf Miscellany: 1930s Woolf

Erica Delsandro ericadelsandro at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 17:14:22 EST 2013

Greetings, Woolfians!

I hope this message finds everyone well.  Below is the call for papers for
the Spring 2015 issue of the *Virginia Woolf Miscellany, *1930s Woolf.  (I
have attached the CFP as well for your convenience.)

A note on submissions: We think, read, and work intertextually.  With that
in mind, I encourage potential contributors to engage with their previous
publications if they are, in fact, related to their submission.  Footnote
or reference in text any previous life a paper may have had; that will only
enrich our conversation, not detract from it.  We are all involved in the
ongoing and evolving conversation about Woolf; let's celebrate that
intertextual evolution.

Please, pass this along to any interested parties; also, feel free to email
me with any questions.  I look forward to reading your submissions!

All best -- Erica Delsandro

-----------------

*Virginia Woolf Miscellany* CFP

“1930s Woolf”

The literature of the 1930s, commonly characterized as anti-modernist
because of the prevalence of documentary realism, political purpose, and
autobiographically-inflected fiction, bears witness to Woolf’s most
daring (*The
Waves*) and most commercially successful (*The Years*) novels.  This issue
of *VWM *seeks contributions that explore Woolf’s relationship to the
canonical literature of the 1930s, such as but not limited to: Auden’s
poetry, Isherwood’s Berlin fiction, Auden’s and Isherwood’s plays,
Spender’s commentary, and Waugh’s comedic novels.  In addition, this issue
encourages responses to the following questions: How does Woolf
scholarship, if at all, engage with the critical study of 1930s
literature?  How does Woolf’s modernism disrupt or complement the critical
understanding of 1930s literature?  What can Woolf’s late fiction and
essays reveal about the 1930s and its literature that the common scholarly
narrative conceals or overlooks?

Send submissions of no more than 2500 words to:

Erica Gene Delsandro, ericadelsandro at gmail.com

Deadline for submission:

August 1, 2014