[Vwoolf] "Leonard to Keep His Virgins"

Jonathan Reeve jon.reeve at gmail.com
Thu May 16 16:31:19 EDT 2013

Hi V-Woolf Listserv,

A quick question: in Woolf's diaries (vol. 1, p. 318), there is the curious
note "L. to keep his office & his virgins. We think we now deserve some
good luck. Yet I daresay we’re the happiest couple in England." Having not
read much more of the diaries, I'm don't have the slightest clue who or
what Leonard's "virgins" might be. Does anyone know?

Here's a tiny bit of context, from Google Books:
http://books.google.com/books?id=a31bAAAAMAAJ&q=
"L+to+keep+his+office+and+his+virgins"&dq="L+to+keep+his+office+and+his+virgins"&hl=en&sa=X&ei=y0GVUd-sJvWy4APSpIHICA&ved=0CC0Q6AEwAA

-Jon Reeve