[Vwoolf] You're invited ! IVWS dinner at MLA

International Virginia Woolf Society ivwsociety at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 11:12:57 EST 2013

Please see the attached invite for dinner at MLA in Chicago.
Seats are filling fast, so if you are interested, please contact me right away!

lkh

details:
Dinner plans for IVWS members and interested others:
        You are invited—with 30 of Virginia Woolf’s other closest
friends—to an International Virginia Woolf Society dinner party at MLA
in Chicago, the evening of Saturday, January 11th, at 6:15 in the
evening. The venue has come highly recommended:  a local legend of
Chicago: Shaw’s Crab House: http://www.shawscrabhouse.com/

The menu is delightful and varied; we will have 5 entrees to choose
from, including such choices as grilled salmon, Maryland crab cakes,
chicken, vegetarian cous cous, and others.   The meal will include
soup, salad, entrée and dessert—as well as wines.
        And, Shaws is right near the downtown hotels, at 21 E. Hubbard
Street, so we can easily segue over there after the appetizer of the
VirginiaWoolf and London’s Colonial Writers panel, which ends around
4:45 or5.  The dinner at Shaw’s is set for 6:15, and we have a room of
our own, the Oyster Hall of Fame room.
        We will saunter towards the restaurant after the session, or taxi,
depending on the weather. The cost per individual is $55. The IVWS
will contribute wine (Meanwhile the wineglasses had flushed yellow and
flushed crimson; had been emptied; had been filled), the gratuity, and
subsidize $20 of the individual price for graduate students. If you
mentor graduate students, consider inviting them to the dinner and
bringing them along.  It is always so refreshing to share our
camaraderie with new members or members-to-be.
        Spaces are filling quickly, so please email me TODAY because the
first 30 to make reservations will be the lucky ones at the party.
First Come, first served!  Do sign up quickly so we can plan ahead
with wines and festivities.  Contact me at: vwsociety at gmail.com with
the subject heading:  MLA DINNER