[Vwoolf] Woolf and Proust

Helen E Southworth helen at uoregon.edu
Mon Aug 5 16:39:02 EDT 2013

Dear Erica and all,

I was just about to add Pericles Lewis (as Cheryl has).  Here's a link
to his piece:

http://modernism.research.yale.edu/documents/LewisWoolfandProust.pdf

Elizabeth Gordon and I were at the L and V Woolf Library at WSU in
Pullman a month or so ago and we noted how many of the beautiful hand
bound books were Woolf's French books.  I can't say for sure her volumes
of Proust were among them, but I'm 80% sure they were.  This might make
a nice visual for your talk.

I think Jesse Matz touches on both Woolf and Proust in Literary
Impressionism and Modernist Aesthetics.

Helen