[Vwoolf] Woolf as inspiration

Maggie Humm M.Humm at uel.ac.uk
Sun Aug 4 03:12:35 EDT 2013

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/aug/01/zadie-smith-nw-book-club?INTCMP=
SRCH
'what I want to call the concrete "thingyness" of people. Which was Virginia
Woolf's way of being a modernist - she loved language and people
simultaneously - and her model is important to me. I admire Beckett and
respect Joyce. I love Woolf. Whenever the going gets tough I reread her
journals and it helps me through'.
Zadie Smith on the inspiration behind NW.
(Just had to share).
Maggie Humm