[Vwoolf] Closure of The Women's Library

jeannette smyth jeannette_smyth at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 22 12:56:58 EDT 2012

Ms. Humm,
Do you take it from this that deaccession, and moving out of the neighborhood, is a done deal? Today's protest has five goals including staying in the building and consulting its staff, per this blog:

"We are campaigning to: * Keep the collection intact * Retain its expert staff * Remain in the dedicated building on Old Castle St. We accept that alternative streams of funding should be sought and insist that any negotiations with potential new sponsors should be open and transparent and consultative of the staff themselves."
http://savethewomenslibrary.blogspot.com/

With thanks,
Jeannette Smyth