[Vwoolf] Fw: Leslie Stephen; TTL As Most Difficult Book

Jean Mallinson annaj at telus.net
Mon Sep 10 14:36:08 EDT 2012

Interesting about fathers. I gather -- though I have not yet read it --
that Patrick Bronte is revealed in a recent biography as a person rather
different from the one Elizabeth Gaskell depicted in her biography of
Charlotte.. I am astonished that To the Lighthouse is considered
"difficult". I wonder what that can mean! I found it lucid from my first
reading when i was in my twenties.
Jean Mallinson