[Vwoolf] In search of an elusive VW reference

Stuart N. Clarke stuart.n.clarke at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 20 13:02:56 EST 2012

Somebody don’t know how to quote accurately:

‘Orlando did not come.
‘"All right then," Orlando said, with the good humour people practise on these occasions; and tried another. For she had a great variety of selves to call upon, far more than we have been able to find room for, since a biography is considered complete if it merely accounts for six or seven selves, whereas a person may well have as many thousand.’

“Orlando” (Harvest,p. 309).

Stuart