[Vwoolf] Leonard Woolf, Self-Hating Jew

Laurie Reiche p.reiche at comcast.net
Tue Jun 19 18:04:00 EDT 2012

Who has decided so adamantly that Leonard Woolf was a "self-hating" Jew--- as if that is the almighty truth? What a term that is, too! Would we call a non-practicing Catholic a "self-hating Catholic"? Do we call the late Christopher Hitchens a self-hating Jew because he ignored his Jewish ancestry and was outspoken as an anti-Zionist? Am I a "self-hating" Jew because I don't practice Judaism, nor do I have many Jewish friends, and also I have many complaints about my Jewish family--who doesn't speak ill of family once in awhile? Or am I missing some piece of writing that is irrefutable proof that he was a "self-hating Jew?" It's certainly not evident in his own autobiography. ["The Journey Not The Arrival Matters - An Autobiography of The Years 1939-1969"]  I'm confused…
	Laurie