[Vwoolf] Women's Library finds a new home

Diana Swanson dswanson at niu.edu
Tue Dec 11 15:46:41 EST 2012

Hurray! Great news!

Diana L. Swanson, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Women's Studies & English
Faculty Associate of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Studies
Faculty Associate of Institute for the Study of the Environment,
Sustainability, and Energy
Northern Illinois University
DeKalb, IL 60115
815-753-6611
dswanson at niu.edu

>>> "Neverow, Vara S." <neverowv1 at southernct.edu> 12/11/2012 8:40 AM

http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/thewomenslibrary/
The LSE is to become the new home of The Women*s LibraryWe are pleased
to announce that the London School of Economics and Political Science
(LSE) ( http://www2.lse.ac.uk/home.aspx ) will be the new custodian of
the prestigious Women*s Library collections from 2013.
On Thursday 27 September London Met's Board of Governors approved the
nomination of the Selection Committee after its due consideration and
consultation with key stakeholder groups.

The expert staff from The Women*s Library and the collections will
transfer to LSE*s Lionel Robbins building in Central London where it
will be open to the public from 2013.
More information is available on our Future of The Women's Library page
(
http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/londonmet/index.cfm?DEED7DD2-B748-3830-2558-C52B8CC143D9
)
More information about this news here (
http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/news/news-releases/2012-press-releases/new-home-for-the-womens-library.cfm
).

We have been greatly encouraged by the support we have received from
users and advocates of the Library, you can read some of their
testimonials here (
http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/londonmet/index.cfm?A3229B56-0E4C-2AF8-259D-6EA751664B49
)

If you have questions or queries please get in touch:
moreinfo at thewomenslibrary.ac.uk