[STEM-funding] EPA P3; OBR ITQ; NSF ITEST & IUSE webinar recordings

Christopher Andersen andersen.18 at osu.edu
Mon Sep 29 11:19:32 EDT 2014

*1) EPA **People, Prosperity and the Planet (P3) Award Program:* The US
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) P3 program is a competition of teams
of college students to "design solutions to real world challenges involving
the overall sustainability of human society" in six research areas:

   - Energy (Green Energy; Biofuels and Waste to Energy)
   - Built Environment (Green Buildings; Smart Growth)
   - Materials and Chemicals (Sustainable Materials; Sustainable Chemistry)
   - Water (Drinking Water; Water Quality; Wastewater and Water Reuse)
   - Urban Green Water Infrastructure
   - Clean Cookstoves

>From the Funding Opportunity Description (
http://www.epa.gov/ncer/rfa/2015/2015-p3.html):
The P3 Award Program is composed of two phases that award grants on a
competitive basis.  The purpose of this RFA is to solicit proposals for
innovative research projects and designs to compete for the first phase of
the P3 Award Program. The first phase is a competition for one-year grants
of up to $15,000 to test, research and develop innovative scientific
projects or engineering designs that will promote sustainable development.
In the spring of 2016, the Phase I grantees awarded from this solicitation
are required to present their projects/designs at the annual National
Sustainable Design Expo where they will have an opportunity to be eligible
to compete for Phase II grant awards of up to $75,000. The Phase II grant
awards are intended to support the further development and demonstration of
the sustainability projects/designs created in Phase I. The competitors for
2016 P3 Phase II grants are limited to recipients of Phase I grant awards
from this solicitation.  Additional instructions for completing the Phase
II proposals, which will be due approximately seven months after the Phase
I grants are awarded, will be distributed to Phase I recipients.

Proposals for Phase I grants of up to $15,000 over 1 year are due December
16.

*2) OBR Improving Teacher Quality (ITQ):* The Ohio Board of Regent has
released this year's RFP for the ITQ program, which funds professional
development projects for pK-12 mathematics and science teachers in
high-need school districts (http://www.ohiohighered.org/itqp). Projects are
funded up to $300,000 over the period 1/20/15–5/31/16. Intents to Submit
Proposal are due October 23, and proposals are due November 12. OBR will
hold ITQ RFP information sessions on October 9 from 9–11am and from 1–3pm
at their office (25 South Front Street, 2nd floor).

*3) NSF ITEST & IUSE webinar recordings:* The National Science Foundation
recently offered informational webinars about two of their upcoming grant
programs. Recordings of those webinars are available online:

*Innovative Technology Experiences for Students and Teachers (ITEST)*
http://stelar.edc.org/events/itest-solicitation-information-nsf-program-officers

*Improving Undergraduate STEM Education (IUSE: EHR)*
http://www.nsflsu.com/nsf-iuse-webinar-recordings-september-2014.html
Additional information about IUSE is available on the STEM Initiatives
website (http://go.osu.edu/iuse)

-Chris

 [image: The Ohio State University]
Christopher Andersen
Director
STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) Initiatives
186 University Hall, 230 North Oval Mall, Columbus, OH 43210-1335 USA
andersen.18 at osu.edu
Looking for upcoming STEM outreach activities? Visit
http://stemoutreach.osu.edu
Education, outreach, & diversity resources for faculty & staff at
http://steminitiatives.osu.edu

*STEM Initiatives social media*
*Facebook:* http://www.facebook.com/stem.initiatives
*Twitter:* @osuSTEMfunding <http://twitter.com/osuSTEMfunding> (grant